[Rhodes22-list] Gregg Macmillan, et al who want to get high on a Rhodes 22...

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed May 14 09:36:01 EDT 2008

Gregg:

Subject:  Sailing on the front range near Denver, Colarado.

I helped Carol rig her boat at Chatfield State Park.  According to my son, a
resident of Arvada, CO, that is the bigest lake near Denver.  You can locate
it south of I-470 between CO121 and U. S. 85 on a map.

I was on a very limited schedule and had to leave before she launched.  I
did not walk the marina.  There were a number of sailboats there.  While we
were rigging her boat, a fellow was rigging what appeared to be a Precision
18.  Lots of cat boats.  Not enough water to sail a boat much bigger than a
R22, although some of the boats at the marina may have been up to 30 foot, I
did not see a boat lift.

Lots of wind.  Snow on Tuesday.  Rivers too shallow to even use anything
more than a kayak or canoe.

If you are out visiting your son, contact Carol off list, promise lots of
beer... the kind brewed in Boulder...

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  "Free speech is a priceless and indispensable attribute of a free
society because it is a necessary means for deliberating upon public policy.
But this deliberation does not extend to everything."  (Harry Jaffa)  Free
speech is not false when it denies the use of the liberty to those intent on
destroying the free society.