[Rhodes22-list] Politics - Hitler Youth

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 21:35:57 EDT 2008

Andrew,

"But this is ancient history."

Not ancient enough for some of us.  One of my lovely brides attended
UM-Munich and met her second husband (after me) there but we REALLY
don't want to go there. I was a guest of the US Army Colonel who was
then the Commandant of the Flint Kaserne at Octoberfest circa 1987.
One of the topics of discussion that evening was the Munich UM school
and its, er, issues. My ex mother-in-law lived in Bad Tolz until about
ten years ago and now lives in Florida. When we started our European
operations in Paris it was crewed with NYC based 727 pilots (my base
and airplane at the time) and I used to fly the Frankfort and Cologne
to Paris trips.  I'd commute to Munich a few days early and go hiking
in the Alps with my ex-inlaws and then reposition.  I haven't been to
that part of the world since 1998 when I flew to Basel, Switzerland to
haul three adult hippos and one baby to Disney World. I really miss
Bavaria and had some wonderful times there - best as I can remember,
there was lots of beer involved.

Brad