[Rhodes22-list] The Ben and Brad show...(Political)

JbTek j.bulfer at jbtek.com
Thu Oct 2 11:21:44 EDT 2008

Ben C wrote:

Think of it in terms of converstions with folks who seem to want a President
who they'd be
comfortable having a beer ( or a shot and a beer) with. To be perfectly
frank, I don't want a President I'd like to hang out with; I want one who is
smarter, better eduacated, more sophisticated, more cosmopolitan, harder
working, more dedicated to public service, and better looking than I am.

I want a president that uses his common sense to make the right decisions.
He has all the experts he needs at his disposal. One person doesn't know it
all, I don't care how long they go to Harvard.
Jb

Ben C. wrote:

Harvard
> is the single most selective and competitive law school in the country.
> There's just no debating that point, and the fact that Obama was selected
> not only to attend, but excelled there to become President of the Law
Review
> is (to my mind) a tremendous feather in his cap, and a very objective
> measure of him as a spectacular intellect.

It seems those schools are more of Club.
You have to be the right kind of person to be accepted. I guess you could
call that elite.
Jb

> I think we need to talk about this word , "ELITE".  Think of it in terms
of
> converstions with folks who seem to want a President who they'd be
> comfortable having a beer ( or a shot and a beer) with. To be perfectly
> frank, I don't want a President I'd like to hang out with; I want one who
is
> smarter, better eduacated, more sophisticated, more cosmopolitan, harder
> working, more dedicated to public service, and better looking than I am.
> (OK, Sarah Palin has met the last criterion).
>
> Can we have these conversations without "Mr Fancy Pants" type of
put-downs?
> That Barak Obama went to Harvard Law School is much to his credit.
Harvard
> is the single most selective and competitive law school in the country.
> There's just no debating that point, and the fact that Obama was selected
> not only to attend, but excelled there to become President of the Law
Review
> is (to my mind) a tremendous feather in his cap, and a very objective
> measure of him as a spectacular intellect.  He was certainly no "legacy",
as
> W was at Yale.  Obama's father, as Brad is fond of pointing out, did him
no
> favors and gave him no advantages.
>
> I do not listen to Christian Radio (please let's not start THAT debate)
and

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/30/opinion/30brooks.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

http://www.daveramsey.com/etc/fed_bailout/3_steps_to_change_the_nations_future_10928.htmlc?ictid=mlfrnd

George