[Rhodes22-list] Speaking of Reliable Sources (Political)

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Thu Oct 2 12:18:33 EDT 2008

I had a math professor in college my freshman year. He made an offer to
all of the students. If they would sequentially write all of the numbers
beginning with 1, ending with 1,000,000,000 (one billion), he would give
them $50.

Just to make himself clear, he said no cheating, no tricks on words, you
must write 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 etc. all the way to 1,000,000,000

Some actually pulled out a paper and pen and began writing.

Then he broke the news to them. If you could write one number a second
(pretty easy to do at first, but not so easy as you get to the bigger
numbers), and wrote 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, you would finish in
about 32 years.

Yeah, most of us don't understand the concept of 1,000,000,000.