[Rhodes22-list] Ben C continues to disappoint

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Oct 2 14:03:19 EDT 2008

Benjamin Cittadino said, "Dan Rather lies?  What lies?  He was criticized for
poor documentation of the Bush National Guard story, but nobody ever showed
that the underlying facts about Bush were wrong."

I am disappointed that you as a lawyer demanding falsehoods and wrongful
innuendo to be disproven.

Like Bush I served in the Air Force.  I served on the same status as pilots.
I associated with many National Guard, Reserve [like me] and Regular Air
Force pilots.  Most of the pilots that I associated with flew the F-105 a
newer cousin of the F-102 that Bush Flew.

Both of these airplanes were referred to as cockpits on a smokestack.  Both
airplanes had high failure rates.  I respected any pilot who flew them.  You
should too.   It was more dangerous to fly the 102.  That is why they were
assigned to two guard wings.  They had good A & P’s trying to keep them
flying.

The end of their service happened near the end of Bush’s service.  He
volunteered to train on a new plane.  Because the Air Force had trouble
keeping pilots who flew the 102 he was deemed critical to that aircraft.
Shortly after he left active duty the wings were combined to one and as soon
as Viet Nam started phasing down that last wing was grounded.

All the garbage said about his service is garbage.  Yes he drank.  All the
pilots of those aircraft, both 102’s and 105’s drank after they landed.  Do
some research and see how many of those aircraft failed in flight.  Then see
how many pilots did not get out of the planes.  The pilots needed to drink
to calm down and get sleep.

Bye the way, what branch of the U. S. Military did you serve in?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA