[Rhodes22-list] Politics - Hitler Youth

Andrew Collins sailingvesselcarmen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 17:46:14 EDT 2008

Chris

The short version is that my father was billeted on the top floor of my
mother's house in Riedenburg (near Nuernberg) right after WWII. One thing
led to another and my father, who is Texan but doesn't like it there, ended
up working for Radio Free Europe in Munich. It was a great place to grow up.

Over the years I have met many ex-Gastarbeiter from all over, Italy, Turkey,
Greece.
We all ended up here in 1970, ostensibly coming home, but for myself and my
brother and sister it was moving to a new country, we spoke the language and
knew something of life here but man was it different!

Andrew