[Rhodes22-list] It Passed - Political - term limits

Robert Skinner Robert at SquirrelHaven.com
Fri Oct 3 15:16:05 EDT 2008

Herb Parsons wrote:
> I'm ready for a grass-roots revolution that will demand term-limits.

We have them in Maine for our state reps and senators.
One effect is that the entrenched bureaucrats have the
upper hand, since they have been around since God was
a boy, have networks in place, and know all the back
doors to control legislation.

Term limits are not an unalloyed benefit.  The
bureaucrats run the place - sort of the way the
sergeants run the army.  A shavetail is all but
helpless against the old non-coms.

Be careful what you wish for...

/Robert