[Rhodes22-list] Philadelphia USA? [Political]

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 08:41:31 EDT 2008

Ed,

Excellent columns, all. I finished The Obama Nation by Corsi a few
weeks ago and am about halfway through "The Case Against Obama" by
Freddoso.  Corsi is the better read but he is a controversial author.
Freddoso is a serious journalist who covered Obama's legislative time
in the Illinois Senate.  Obama is anything but a reformer. He is a
shrewd politico who learned to manipulate the Chicago Machine to the
advantage of himself and his friends.  For anyone who  wants to know
the "real Obama", I suggest they skip Corsi and read Freddoso.  You
may recall, Obama supporters swamped the WGN radio station will calls
when Freddoso appeared on a talk show there and overwhelmed the
station with threats. Obama "storm troopers" can ignore Corsi because
of his credibility issues but they cannot ignore Freddoso.  When you
look at the pattern of intimidation waged against radio and TV
stations, the site hacking, the internet trolling and sockpuppetry,
and the astroturfing taking place in this campaign it is truly
frightening.  The economic crisis is our equivalent of the Reichstag
burning. We can figure out who the arsonist is later. What we can't
afford is to allow this issue to influence us to vote for a leader
with something other than the country's best interests at heart.
Whether one agrees with the "bailout" program or not, Obama's choice
to continue campaigning when his opponent invited him back to
Washington to work on the problem speaks volumes.

Brad