[Rhodes22-list] Politics - A Democrat Speaks

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 09:07:37 EDT 2008

Here's some interesting observations from former Clinton spokesperson
Kirsten Powers on the "bailout"-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cczWpIxPnQ

Tidbits below.

Brad

-------------------

-on Congressional leaders-

If their approval rating matched what their own opinion on themselves
is they'd be in great shape. You know, it's kind of incredible to
watch them patting themselves on the back... The fact of the matter is
they're cleaning up a mess. And, the fact of the matter is at least in
the short term they created with their inaction in getting this passed
in the first place. And, having a bill go down by 12 or 13 votes was
just inexcusable to have a vote like that in the middle of the day
when the markets are open and you don't even know that you have the
votes...

- Oh No!  Barack lied? -

And, in terms of Barack Obama, he didn't make any calls the first time
around. I'm glad he was making calls this time.

- Palin gets it! -

Another thing that they're not talking about very much was Sarah Palin
interestingly was the only person I've heard say anything about it.
She said it last night. Is the responsibility or the irresponsibility
of the American people... People need to learn to live within their
means and not be signing up for loans that they can't afford.
Everybody is not helpless. There's personal responsibility and they
need to be talking directly to the American people and Sarah Palin is
the only one who is doing that.