[Rhodes22-list] Politics and Economics - another street again

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 10:42:02 EDT 2008

Ed,

Having read most if not all of Coulter's books, I understand that Ann
is much focussed on selling more books and getting more TV time.  That
said, she is at least entertaining and often makes some very salient
points, albeit often times obnoxiously.  The same could be said of
Senator McCarthy.  In no way am I defending McCarthy or "McCarthyism"
but much of what we're witnessing in the current battle for "hearts
and minds" is a reverse "McCarthyism" in action.

Is it fair to ask why a candidate for POTUS was tutored as a youth by
a known Soviet sympathizer and how that candidate's worldview was
shaped by that experience? Is one being a racist for asking why one
would associate with a racist minister for 20 years?  Unrepentant
terrorists?  Known crooks?

Everything Barack Huessein Obama has done as a "community organizer"
and as a politician has followed the pattern and theory of Saul
Alinsky, avowed Marxist.  Obama's first run for office was "classic
Alinsky", get the other candidates thrown off the ballot -  the ends
justify the means.  Every race since has followed the same pattern.

Does studying under Marxists, applying Marxist theories and organizing
principles, and espousing Marxist economic theories make one a
Marxist?

I say, "looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck,
it's a duck!"  Unfortunately, Marxism is still quite popular in some
circles.  It isn't popular in my house of course, if you ask my wife
about it she'd say, "no thanks, been there, done that".

Brad