[Rhodes22-list] Stinky Planes & Such (Political)

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 22:56:52 EDT 2008

Herb,

That story reminded me of a trip I flew a couple of years ago with a
retired Army fixed wing pilot (they have some).  He flew top brass
around in a Gulfstream GIV and after retiring, flew a G4 for
Halliburton when Cheney was the CEO.  I asked how he was to work for
and he replied "great, he was either on time or had an aid update us
on the itinerary". You have no idea what a major PITA that can be for
a corporate pilot.  I'm glad I'm not flying Obama's plane.

The very, very short version of a long story I've probably told before
is this:  Gov. Clinton let me and my F/O swat flies at Dulles in DC
all day long one day wondering what was going on.  We ordered some
catering to eat on the way home and when the Guv showed late in the
day he wanted to know if we had anything onboard to eat.  I explained
we had crackers and peanuts and chocolates and more than enough
whiskey and Coke to get us back to Arkansas.  We quickly moved our
catering to the cockpit so he and his punks couldn't get to it, and
refused to share even though we couldn't finish it all.

My invitation to the inaugural got lost in the mail somehow.

Brad