[Rhodes22-list] Sailing with waves

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Thu Oct 9 08:56:32 EDT 2008

Mike,

You got that right.  Sailing the Rhodes is like surfing on a giant
longboard.  I haven't noticed much of a difference moving forward but it
makes sense that it affects the balance a little.

The more opposing pressure you have above and below the water, the less
effect your weight will have on the balance, but you'll probably still
be able to turn the boat by shifting your weight.  Moving 200 lbs. from
one side to the other is a 400 lb. shift on a boat with only a 700 lb.
keel.

Lee