[Rhodes22-list] CDI Flex Furler

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 15:25:31 EDT 2008

I've got a new CDI.  The problem I'm having is that with the big 175% genny,
the furler drum isn't quite big enough to hold all the line when rolled out
all the way.  The line gets jammed and I have to go forward and hand-feed
it.  Also, the line chafes on the edge of the drum housing.  Has anyone else
had this problem?  Can you get a bigger drum?

I'm in Des Moines this week playing at a wonderful new club called Blue
Moon.  Great crowds and lots of fun.  One little glitch however.  A guy
named Sean came up and begged to play a song.  We normally don't let just
anyone play because as I often say, "If you're no good, I'll be very upset
and if you're real good, I'll be very upset."

But Sean persisted and so did his friends so we caved in and let him play a
little.  He was terrible.  After the song we just sort of grinned sheepishly
and gave him some applause and moved on.  A little while later he came back
and asked to play some more and I told him no.  He asked why not and I just
looked him right in the eye and said bluntly, "Because you're terrible."

He sulked off like a whipped puppy and then his friends started in on me
that what a rude bastard I am and they hate all my songs and I suck!  I
guess you can't please all the people all the time.  Oh well.  It must be
true what IOWA stands for--Idiots Out Walking Around.  So then my partners
were teasing me all night and referring to me as "Steve, you rude bastard."
Damn right I took that as a badge of honor.  8-)

And the band played on...

Slim