[Rhodes22-list] a dinghy question

Joe Babb joe.babb at comcast.net
Mon Oct 13 08:38:48 EDT 2008

Hi Art,
No, unfortunately my day job gets in the way of my sailing *grin* and I
haven't been able to make it
back to St. Pete.  It's a nice area around Fort DeSoto where we camped
and went fishing a couple
of years ago.   One day  we put in our 16 foot fishing boat and started
toward the pass and 3 dolphins
crossed the bow before we had gotten very far out.
We are excited about cruising in different waters each year.  That's one
advantage to trailer sailing.
I've ordered charts for the areas around Carabelle and St. Marks.  Not
sure exactly where or how far
we'll get in one week.  In one cruising guide it says that St. Marks was
were several of the original
Tarzan movies were filmed.  I'm a big fan of Johnny Weissmuller so I'm
curious about St. Marks.
Also, from looking at Cruiser's Net it looks like not many people go
there.  Another plus.

Ocracoke has great memories because we used to go there via the Cedar
Island ferry to camp at
the government campground.  That was like 25 years ago.  It will be fun
to sail there in our own
boat.
Best,
Joe