[Rhodes22-list] POLITICAL- Is the Powell Endorsement Important for Us?

Ben Cittadino bcittadino at dcs-law.com
Mon Oct 20 17:25:08 EDT 2008

Brad;

The Pope and I are not the best of terms at the moment.  Besides, the
doctrine of Papal infallibility only applies when he speaks "ex cathedra".
Bottom line, I trust Colin Powell on this issue a lot more than I trust the
Pope.

As for "spread the wealth" I believe that refers to tax policy which Obama
believes has been unfairly tilted against wage earners in favor of investors
and those with higher incomes who have benefitted during the Bush years from
cuts in federal income taxes.

We need to balance the budget or our grandchildren will have to.  We need to
ask for sacrifices from more than just military families in time of war.
Come on Brad, you sound like you can afford it.  What's a couple of KC-135's
between friends?

Look, Do I wish Obama had never had anything to do with Bill Ayres?  Of
course.  But "politics makes strange bedfellows" (that was either
Shakespeare or Bill Clinton, I forget). Am I going to worry that the Ayres
connection means anything today?  I just don't think it was or is that
important.

Best,

Ben C.