[Rhodes22-list] ... failure of leadership or leading ...

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Oct 21 03:34:18 EDT 2008

Ben said, "... Since I socialize mostly with folks in my own socioeconomic
class, while most support Obama, ..."  The term leadership comprises many
atributes.  And part of what are call traditional values is simple honesty.
Sometimes honesty requires analysis of what is going on and saying hey, "
America, we have a problem..."

Ben discounted the Bill Ayers thing.  Even if he is a Marxist as is Bill
Ayers, he as an American has an obligation to speak the truth.  In America a
Marxist is obligated to tell the truth and not lie about it.  So it goes
with his candidate Obama.

So what are the elements of Conspiracy?  If you know or should have
reasonable known something?  Are you obligated to say something?  If you do
not say anything are you a coconspirator?

In Ben's case I have to ask, if a fraud is being commited is he obligated to
speak out?

The above is why I routinely for years have quoted:
In Germany they first came for the Communists
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
 Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists
     and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics
     and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
 Then they came for me
    and by that time no one was left to speak up.

 --The Reverend Martin Niemöller, a pastor in the German Confessing Church
who spent seven years in a concentration camp.

Ben said, "... I, on the other hand, wish there were no connection at all
because then we could argue about policy instead of who knew who, where and
when, and what possible difference it makes."

Is this an admission of an issue?  Saying that because most others deny the
connection is using Richard Nixon's arguement that everybody else in
politics did it, therefore it was o.k.  Saying his friends deny the issue
does not make it go away.  It is Richard Nixon's arguement all over again.
Wasn't Nixon a lawyer?

Does law school teach ask the hard questions in court, but do not ask them
of yourself?  Are lawyers above the law?  Inquiring minds want to know?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
attachment for Andrew:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p20084939/Andrew%2527s%2Bversion.jpg