[Rhodes22-list] POLITICAL- Health Care

Tom Dorsey Tom at demaximis.com
Tue Oct 21 12:18:11 EDT 2008

Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

R. Thomas Dorsey
450 Montbrook Lane
Knoxville, TN 37919-2705
865-691-5052
865-691-9835 (fax)

>>> On 10/21/2008 at 12:12 PM, in message
<20093870.post at talk.nabble.com>, Ben Cittadino
<bcittadino at dcs-law.com> wrote:

Tom;

The Obama plan would work as follows:

   * Establishing a new public program that would look a lot like
Medicare
for those under age-65 that would be available to those who do not
have
access to an employer plan or qualify for existing government programs
like
Medicaid or SCHIP. This would also be open to small employers who do
not
offer a private plan.
    * Creating a “National Health Insurance Exchange.” This would be a
government-run marketing organization that would sell insurance plans
directly to those who did not have an employer plan or public
coverage.
    * An employer “pay or play” provision that would require an
employer to
either provide health insurance or contribute toward the cost of a
public
plan.
    * Mandating that families cover all children through either a
private or
public health insurance plan.
    * Expanding eligibility for government programs, like Medicaid and
SCHIP.
    * Allow flexibility in embracing state health reform initiatives.

Obama would also mandate guaranteed insurability, a generous minimum
comprehensive benefits package such as that required for federal
workers,
the ability to take their policy from one job to another (portability)
when
it is purchased through the new Medicare-like public plan or the
"National
Health Insurance Exchange," and he would require providers to
participate in
a new plan to collect and report data about standards of care, the use
of
health information technology, and administration.

McCain woiuld do for the Health Insurance industry what he did for
wall
stree and the oil companies, less regulation, eliminate state
restrictions
on limitations by carriers, and tax the benefit.  Marketplace dynamics
will
solve everything.

That's my view.

Thanks, Ben C.

Tom  Dorsey wrote:

> Its been interesting reading the opposing points of view so far.
One
> issue I have not yet seen discussed is the proposal by the McCain
campaign
> to tax the health benefits provided by employers to their employees.
For

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Mazjm_A5k&eurl=http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/

<bcittadino at dcs-law.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry Guys;
>>
>> With two weeks to go before the election, and serious issues to
discuss,
>> will not participate in a debate that leaps from real issues like
the
>> Powell
>> endorsement, tax policy and the deficit to silliness like whether
Sen

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-paedce/case_no-2:2008cv04083/case_id-281573/

>>> Hank

Philadelphia