[Rhodes22-list] sailing, launch, college football stream of conciousness post--NOW Poptop Sailing

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 07:26:11 EDT 2008

Lee, A tip for keeping the boom out of the back stays when jibing....I jibe
my R22 the same as a small dinghy....... grab hold of the main sheet tackle
direct for controlled jibe rather than hauling in main sheet than letting
loose as you jibe. The slop in the mainsheet is what allows the boom to
rise.  Our main is small enough that this works. I am not sure if i
explained this well.....grab hold of then then release the main sheet
tackle...not the bitter end of the main sheet.

Fair Winds,

Wally