[Rhodes22-list] Politics

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 11:30:06 EDT 2008

One of the side benefits of flying all over the world and building a
collection of wives is that you get exposure to a lot of history and
different ideas.  Being an avid student of history doesn't hurt
either.

During my seven years of Bavarian vacation years, I spent a lot of
time drinking beer to excess with former Nazi's in Bad Tolz. Sometimes
Han's would balk at translating my questions late in the evening but
I'd press on until he did.  You could tell if he was faking by the
reactions on people's faces.  "Hey, I heard there use to be a really
good -butcher/baker/tailor/etc- down on the MarkStrasse by the name of
*****, what ever happened to him?"  They were all Jews and they just
disappeared. Han's would scold me later for being an ugly American but
what difference does that make now?  The victims of my questions are
all dead now.

Revolutions and counter-revolutions are not fiction in my household or
amongst my friends.  They've lived through both -

 - And so did Obama's friends.  You can whitewash this all you want
folks, facts are stubborn things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJn5b8_weUY

Let the record show, I warned you!

Brad