[Rhodes22-list] Politics - Meet the Press

petelargo petelauritzen at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 26 08:25:31 EDT 2008

big difference between 8000 and 23,000

1) The Times reports, Sarah Palin's "negative rating is the highest for a
vice-presidential candidate as measured by The Times and CBS News. Even Dan
Quayle, with whom Mrs. Palin is often compared because of her age and
inexperience on the national scene, was not viewed as negatively in the 1988
campaign."

2)  Sept. 13 (Bloomberg) -- Senator John McCain has drawn some of the
biggest crowds of his presidential campaign since adding Alaska Governor
Sarah Palin to his ticket on Aug. 29. Now officials say they can't
substantiate the figures McCain's aides are claiming. McCain aide Kimmie
Lipscomb told reporters on Sept. 10 that an outdoor rally in Fairfax City,
Virginia, drew 23,000 people, attributing the crowd estimate to a fire
marshal. Fairfax City Fire Marshal Andrew Wilson said his office did not
supply that number to the campaign and could not confirm it. Wilson, in an
interview, said the fire department does not monitor attendance at outdoor
events. In recent days, journalists attending the rallies have been raising
questions about the crowd estimates with the campaign. In a story on Sept.
11 about Palin's attraction for some Virginia women voters, Washington Post
reporter Marc Fisher estimated the crowd to be 8,000, not the 23,000 cited
by the campaign.

hparsons wrote:

> Pete
>
> Go wash your hands.
>
> Totally devoid of fact, unless you choose to count your own muddled
> musing as "fact".
>
> I did notice though, that you had to resort to your regular
> name-calling. That's typical of folks that have no real argument.
>
> petelargo wrote:
>> once again brad, you just want to believe the fiction that you want to
>> believe.  palin attendance numbers have been grossly over reported. yes,
>> she
>> is drawing many many more than mccain for sure. she has excited the
>> 'base'
>> of religious righties that do not like mccain. now one of "them" could be
>> back in office. yippie! not because she is a great politician, but
>> because
>> she is a 'end times true believer'.
>>
>> her poll numbers have only been headed in one direction since her initial
>> explosion and that is straight down.  many real conservatives have jumped
>> ship using her as one of the key reasons. the evidence now shows that she
>> is
>> actually dragging mccain down.
>>
>> sorry brad, she's gonna break your heart
>>

>> Brad Haslett-2 wrote:
>>
>>> Sarah Palin may single-handedly drag John McCain's sorry ass across
>>> the finish line.  She's been drawing 20,000+ at almost every
>>> appearance.  In the past few days, she's taken a "screw the handlers
>>> from the McCain campaign" attitude and started deviating from the