[Rhodes22-list] Palin the loose cannon and the Chicago Lama [Politics]

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Oct 26 09:28:50 EDT 2008

David B said that Palin is a "loose cannon."

Then he said, "I think it's going to be close."

He does not understand that the "loose cannon" is what makes it close.

Her words and beliefs are what gall the pseudo elites.  The main stream
media despises those who hold different beliefs than theirs.  Their opinions
are always the correct views.  Do we have those on this forum who are this
type of sheep?

No, she is not a Rhodes Scholar.  But who selects Rhodes Scholars?

“Rhodes Scholars are selected through a decentralized process by which
regional selection committees choose 32 Scholars each year from among those
nominated by selection committees in each of the fifty states.”  But who are
these selection committees?  What is their political persuasion? Could the
nominee’s political beliefs be persuasive?  Say it isn’t so.

“In most years, a Rhodes Scholar is selected from an institution which has
not formerly supplied a successful applicant.  Does this mean that a nominee
from an institution not known for quality of applicants could be selected
over a nominee from say, “Penn State University”?  Say it isn’t so.

"Intellectual distinction is a necessary but not a sufficient condition for
election to a Rhodes Scholarship. Selection committees are charged to seek
excellence in qualities of mind and in qualities of person which, in
combination, offer the promise of effective service to the world in the
decades ahead."  How is the qualification, ‘intellectual distinction’
determined?  Is it influenced by glibness and politics?  Say it isn’t so.

Learn to ask what the words mean and what motivates the words said.  Learn
to say it isn't so.

I thank Brad for reminding me about Mao and Ho Chi Minh.  Should we correct
the name to Barack Chi Mao Hussein Obama?  The man is a reincarnation of
their ideologies.  What religion believes in reincarnation?  Maybe we should
be addressing the Chicago Lama?

Ed K
http://www.nabble.com/file/p20173463/Chicago%2BLama.gif Chicago+Lama.gif