[Rhodes22-list] How much time do you spend on the computer?

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 22:53:16 EDT 2008

Dear Mr. Wager/Crabber?

Are you a gambler?  Perhaps a crabber?

Rude?  Self impressed?  No sir, I'm a pilot.  Think about it and
figure it out for yourself.  Little man - aggrandized view of your own
importance?  What part of pilot don't you get?  I'm not a  aggrandized
little man, I am a god!

Listen.  My adventures have been "bigger-than-life" for a kid of a
construction worker from a town of 650 people.  The amazing thing is,
they are not bullshit and if you envy them then you have a problem.

Again, many of us on this board have dined and stayed at each other's
house, sailed on each other's boats, and come to each other's rescue
in private. You might want to lurk a bit longer before you become so
judgmental.

To answer your question about boats and boat names - I once owned a
Rhodes22 and I regret the day I sold it.  I now own a 30' S2 named the
"CoraShen" after my daughter Cora and her grandfather Mr. Shen.  Mr.
Shen died recently.  He was a "little man" who was "aggrandized" by
his thousands of employees and one of the kindest and gentlest men I
ever met.  His story is buried in the archives of this list.  There's
a lot of interesting history there, and as Ed would say, "search the
archives".

Perhaps you should consider barking for awhile on this list before you
default to biting.

Brad

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Metaphor <mwager at bluecrab.org> wrote:

> Mr. Haslitt,
> Sorry, but I get the impression that you are a rude, self impressed little
> man with an aggrandized view of your own importance.   You copy a lot of
> posts from other sources, and tell grand stories about yourself and your
> bigger-than-life adventures, but otherwise offer little of substance.  When
> people don't agree with you, you belittle them.
>
>  Do you own or sail a Rhodes?  If not, why are you even on this forum?
>
> I have had many questions answered by sailors, but none by you I learn most
> by simply listening to what they have to say.  You just seem to blow your
> own horn so loudly that only you can hear the sound of your own pomposity.
> There are forums out there that are in the big leagues. You might find the
> challenges in one of those more demanding than pandering to your two friends
> on this one.  Other forums that I participate in have an PM (private
> mnessage) option that  allows for personal conversation between individuals.
> If it is not available on this thread, you might try regular emails between
> you and your two other friends.
>
> I probably could figure out how to use the filters here, but too often on
> these threads, posts are not properly (should I say honestly) labeled, so
> filters don't work.
>
> By the way, Metaphor is the name of my boat.  What is the name of yours?
>

> Brad Haslett-2 wrote:
>>
>> Met, uh, Phor?
>> You're smart enough to bitch, you're probably smart enough to filter
>> your e-mail.
>>
>> Brad
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 8:31 PM, Metaphor <mwager at bluecrab.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've got a simple question, but mostly applied to Herb and Brad, and
>>> somewhat
>>> to Tootle:
>>>
>>> Do you guys have jobs or real lives, or do you spend all day on the
>>> internet
>>> and then posting to this forum?  There are a couple of other volume
>>> posters,
>>> but none so prolific as you are. I get the sense that the sailors are
>>> pretty
>>> much giving up getting airtime in competition with the political nature
>>> of
>>> this forum.
>>>
>>> I try to follow the various threads, but have lost interest in this forum
>>> because it has so little to do with sailing, Rhodes 22's or nautical life
>>> in
>>> general.  Reading the same paranoid information from the three of you