[Rhodes22-list] Politiical- More Bad News About McCain Health Plan comment by Ugh

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Oct 29 12:57:28 EDT 2008

Ben,

The point that Ed and Brad and I are making that YOU seem to be missing
is that under universal health care, we will also be picking up the tab
for the NOT poor. And it will be a more inefficient system.

And, I also suspect that Brad's view of the "poor" is a first hand view.
Yes, most of the poor are in that condition by choice.

No, they don't say "I want to be poor", but that doesn't mean they're
not there by choice. They may say "I don't feel like going into work
today" not thinking about how many times they've already done that at
how many jobs, and the end result is that they are unemployed.

Or they may say (at 16) "I don't want to mess with HS any more" and
spend the next 10 years paying for the choice, or at 17 they may say
"but I love the guy so much, and he wants to have sex, and it's so much
fun" and find themselves a single parent and paying the price. Or they
may say "It's just pot, and i won't get hooked" and find themselves an
unemployed unemployable drug addict. Or they may say "I can handle 5
beers and drive" and find that the only jobs that will overlook their 3
felony DWI's are substandard jobs.

Some of them remain on the list of poor by choice though. Brad's given
you examples. I don't want to work unless it's cash payments, because I
don't want my disability to be affected.

Pull off those rose-tinted glasses, and face some reality.