[Rhodes22-list] Lunch, humor, political ...

petelargo petelauritzen at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 31 09:09:31 EDT 2008

sorry ed, this was proven completely unfactual over a week ago. try to rant
about something true if possible. just more nonsense from the kookoligists
section of the list.

SUMMARY: A chain e-mail making the rounds claims it has proof that Michelle
Obama enjoyed a $400 lobster lunch from room service at the Waldorf Astoria
Hotel in New York.The e-mail claims to depict a $400 room service receipt
signed by Michelle Obama. Guess what? It's phony. The receipt then lists
things like whole steamed lobsters and "Iranian Osetra caviar." The receipt
is a phony mock-up, and doesn't even look like the receipts the hotel
actually uses, said a spokeswoman for the Waldorf Astoria hotel.

Obama was not staying at the hotel, and the story is "completely made up,"
the spokeswoman said. Usually, the hotel doesn't comment at all on its
guests, but was willing to deny the report in this case because it is false
and "it's escalated so much," the spokeswoman said.