[Rhodes22-list] For Herb - NOT political

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 10:47:32 EDT 2008

Robert,

Let's hope you hear from them soon.  The cell phone towers are most
likely gone and using Katrina as a benchmark, it will be at least a
month before any service is restored.  Restoring land line service
takes second priority to electricity. The Red Cross and Salvation Army
arrive on the heels of the National Guard but communication is not
their first priority.  The Guard passes out MREs and water and within
days the local beer distributors will be stacking canned water on the
street corners. From what I was told yesterday by the FEMA prime for
the area, push-crews are still opening streets and the whole area is
still in the search and rescue mode.  Recovery starts much later.

May your news be positive and soon!

Brad