[Rhodes22-list] Deck Maintenance

Daniel Johnson djohnson0671 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 19:01:07 EDT 2009

Now that my motor problems are over for a while I hope (bought a Tohatsu
6HP), my next task is to make the deck look good.  Stan doesn't do much to
the deck in the recycling process - probably because it would be a very
labor intensive process to remove all the deck hardware, since there is no
direct access on the underside for most - we have too nice a liner in our
cabins.  On my 83, the white deck will clean up nicely if I scrub and
polish, but because the gelcoat is long gone, any shoe will leave a print
that then must be scrubbed off.  My question is this - short of painting the
deck, is there any kind of sealer or coating that I can put on it other than
traditional boat polish stuff?

The new engine ran great this weekend!

Dan