[Rhodes22-list] Motor Lift Repair - what material?

PBR pbryanriley at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 23:08:55 EST 2009

Thanks all for the advice on materials.  I've been off the net a few days.

Rummy, I will be trailer-sailing out of the Denver area.  Rookie this year.
I'll probably post something about my first sails when the cold season
really slows down the list traffic and everyone is bored.
Rummy and Andrew  - my motor lift parts are definitely not aluminum, but I
did check out a local recycling outfit and couldn't find any aluminum shapes
that would work.  I will inquire with Stan but I think it is too old for
replacement parts so I will check on a new lift.  However, my wife seems to
think the mortgage and Christmas are more important than sailboat parts so I
need to do everything on-the-cheap.  She is not hooked yet apparently.

Starboard may work for me.  If you have any sources for the UV resistant,
high density plastic please e-mial.  I e-mailed the manufacturer of the
cutting board material I was considering and asked if it was UV resistant.
The response e-mail was simply "No".

-Patrick