[Rhodes22-list] Stereo or no stereo,Mike

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Thu Feb 12 17:10:54 EST 2009

Jerry,

I thought that the photo was looking aft.  I thought that the speakers were
mounted just in front of the laz bulkhead.  That's your photo, just
"photoshopped" to illustrate the point.

You could still mount them at the cabin bulkhead, although you would need to
screw into the inner plywood core or use anchors since the other side of the
bulkhead is not easily accessible to use a through fastener (nut and bolt)
arrangement like the laz.

As far as storage concerns, that's why I mounted my speakers through to the
lazarette.  They are basically flush mounted on the cockpit side (about 1/2"
profile) and stick out slightly into the laz space.  The cutout is 4-1/2"
round with a 6" grille to cover mistakes in the cutout.  The mounting depth
(into the laz) is 2-1/2" for the round Poly-Planar MA8505W's.  They are
available at Hodges Marine for $78/pair
(http://www.hodgesmarine.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=POLMA8505W&click=18)
Oh, they sound nice, too.

Mike