[Rhodes22-list] Check out YouTube - Ice Boating Jan 09

Ronald Lipton ronald.lipton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 11:31:24 EDT 2009

Buddy Melges, Bill Mattison and Peter Harken talked about their ice boating
experiences at Strictly Sail in Chicago last month.  All are in their
70s or more.
They all talked about how absolutely crazy you needed to be to iceboat,
with
gleams in their eyes.  Peter talked about one time he got the controls
confused
during a jib with Buddy Melges on the rudder, going 50 mph sideways, with
the rudder 4 ft off the ground with the guy in back yelling stuff you can't
hear because of the wind and runner sounds was certainly memorable. It was
really nice to hear them reminisce.

Ron