[Rhodes22-list] So about the centerboard

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Thu Mar 19 13:17:46 EDT 2009

In my reading, the position of the centerboard should be varied
depending on point of sale and prevailing conditions.  For example,
when sailing upwind  or across the wind in a stiff breeze, you'll want
the CB all the way down to minimize leeway.  But if the breeze is
light, you can raise it some and you'll get less drag while still
minimizing leeway.  In the same manner, if you're on a reach or
running, you may be able to raise the CB all the way, since leeway
will be minimal anyway and you can do without the extra drag.

Cheers!
John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22
Lake Sinclair, GA