[Rhodes22-list] lower the boom

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun May 3 13:40:01 EDT 2009

Sounds like a slight alignment problem. You didn't say where the boom was
or wind direction so it's hard to tell you how to fix it. It's one of those
things I never think about because I've never had any trouble doing it.
Thinking  back, I do drop and raise the boom under varied conditions and never
have had  any problems locking into either hole. I would recommend trying it
at the dock  with the sails furled. Play around with it and see if you can
duplicate the  problem by moving the neck around in different positions
simulating different  boom heights and sail positions. It might be that you may
have to widen the hole  a bit.

Rummy

In a message dated 5/3/2009 1:26:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,