[Rhodes22-list] advice needed from litigious Rhodies

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Wed Nov 4 14:51:22 EST 2009

On Nov 4, 2009, at 13:16, stan wrote:
> last time things got bad, to broaden our price marking base  we went
> into recycling Rhodes
>
> this time, to broaden our base and not keep losing those prospects
> who want a little bit bigger boat (since no Rhodes took us up on the
> Rhodes 27 projected) we bought a Catalina 25 and have torn it
> apart.   we are going to try and make it into a Catalina-Rhodes
> hybrid:   IMF, combo keel/cb, electric tilting motor lift, etc.
>
> it is being sold as a used Catalina 25 that we have recycled and
> upgraded.    Can Frank butler (he owns Catalina) legally complain?

I don't see how that would be different than after-market efforts like
AMG does on Mercedes (as one example).  Take a well known brand, beef
it up, and sell it as a value-added product.  So, what's the thinking
behind this... a new business model for General Boats?  Expanding the
recycling concept to include other brands enhanced with GB
engineering?  Hmmm... you may be on to something there Stan!

Cheers!
John Lock