[Rhodes22-list] Treasure Island - part four

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Sat Sep 19 21:33:02 EDT 2009

As I recall, we left off with our pair of preschool pirates,pounding thru
the surf to Treasure Island.Caeden hits the beach first,takes two steps
and bends down and picks something up and yells "I found the treasure",as
he holds up some sort of cloth coated rubber band, meant to contain a pony
tail . I sort of explained to Caeden that, while that was an excellent
start,I was hoping that, Blackberry Beard,the pirate of Charles Mill lake,
was a little more well to do than that,and maybe we should follow the
map,and see if there wasn't even more booty to be found.We soon located
the trail to the innards of the Island.We located the tree with 4 trunks
going into one,and took the right hand fork just as the map showed,then
Caeden saw the fallen tree and we followed the map again to the right...
and there, in all it's beauty ,was the tree with a wein... er,the tree
with an elephant nose branch."Now we need to find the X under the elephant
nose" the map holder said. Caeden was looking up in the trees,Thomas had
long since gone off looking for poisen ivy to tickle grandpa's feet with.I
convinced Caeden to step backwards, off the two twigs I put in an  X
formation on the ground yesterday. "Diggers" Caeden yelled and Thomas
showed up in a heartbeat.Thomas got the first shovel full,and tossed it
right up into Caedens face."Let's take turns," grandpa insisted.The
digging went a little slow and the boys were startin to get
discouraged(they should have been digging here yesterday,when I had to
chop thru enought roots to make another tree,just to make that little hole
full of soft dirt.)but finally the unmistakable sound of a shovel striking
the baggie holding a plastic treasure chest, was heard.With renewed
intrest,the boys started digging by hand to unearth the booty. Four little
hands clenched the baggie holding the treasure ,as it was ripped from the
ground. Age and cunning prevailed ,as Caeden had the firmest grasp and the
quickest jerk on the baggie. We all gathered round,as the contents of the
baggie were devided.
Pics-four trunked tree--tree with the elephant nose--where is the X --we
got booty