[Rhodes22-list] Mailing list question

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Thu Sep 24 09:33:20 EDT 2009

I am developing a theory that if you have set your mailing list
delivery options to "Digest Mode" and then use www.nabble.com to
interact with list mail, you're going to have problems.  The reason
may be that nabble.com does not know about digest delivery.  Therefore
your messages go out to the list, but you never see them on nabble.com.

In both reported cases of problems using nabble.com, I have noticed
that the list members are subscribed to digest mode.

So... let's explore this further.  If you use nabble.com to handle
Rhodes list mail, check your subscription options by going to http://www.rhodes22.org/mailman/options/rhodes22-list
  and login using your e-mail address and password.  If you can't
remember your password, there is a reminder button on the bottom of
that page.

Once you are logged in to your list subscription page, scroll down to
the Subscription Options and change "Set Digest Mode" to "Off".  Then
click Submit Changes at the bottom of the page and Logout from the
subscription form.

Now... go back to nabble.com and proceed to send/read mail as you
normally would.  I am hoping that setting the digest mode off will
cure the intermittent problems y'all may be seeing.

Cheers!
John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22
Lake Sinclair, GA