[Rhodes22-list] merc. outboard users manual?

PBR pbryanriley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 16:03:17 EDT 2010

Rummy,
I've never owned a 2 stroke outboard before so for one I am looking anything
I might need to know.  But this is the deal....this motor came with my boat
last summer and by reputation should be in good condition.  I gave it a few
pulls last summer and it didn't start - old gas, old plugs.  I didn't need
it since I had a 6hp 4 stroke nissan so I parked it in the garage.  I also
found out later with my nissan that the fuel tank pick-up hose was sucking
air (a likely ethanol victim), so maybe that was why it wouldn't fire up
(but seemed to pump up OK with fuel bulb).

Now I would like to get some clean fuel (50:1?) and new plugs to see if I
can fire it up.

>From a previous post of  yours I expect only 2 knobs to turn idle speed and
mixture, but I need to find the mixture screw.  Think you can point me at
the right screw so I don't pop off the carbs by mistake?  Also, this motor
came from sea level and I am at 5280 - which direction should I twist to be
more suited for this altitude?

-PR