[Rhodes22-list] Pictures of demasting suggested by Rick

bdunn1 at aol.com bdunn1 at aol.com
Sun Aug 15 18:31:23 EDT 2010

Rick:  I am attaching three pictures.  I took the anchor line box out and found the washer/nut in the bottom.  If any of you have the same connection it may be a good idea to see if the nut is tight.  The nut is a nylon/stainless one which shouldn't ease off but . . .   The pics are of  the bolt with nut attached which held the forestay to the deck; the open hole left; and the sidestay which sheared and ripped out.  I am still puzzled at not finding any reinforcing plate under the deck; it merely had a flat washer and nut.   Any thoughts are welcome.  My anchor location is different from some of the pictures I have seen.  I am suspicious that someone decided to place the anchor on the foredeck covering the standard jib connection and then merely drilled a 3/8" hole and reconnected the jib.
regards,
Bill