[Rhodes22-list] Diamond Board Depth

cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Mon Mar 8 08:30:26 EST 2010

I took advantage of the warm weather this weekend and got my boat ready for
the spring launch.  With my boat up on jacks I was able to lower the diamond
board all the way and took some measurements.  I measure 24" from the keel
to the bottom of diamond board and also measure 4-3" to 4'-6" from the water
line to the bottom of the diamond board.  My question is this:  is my
diamond board all the way down at 24"?   I think it is as this seems to
match photos on the GB web site but just want to make sure.  The older style
center board seems to be deeper?  Also if the water line to bottom of
diamond board is 4'-3" less 24" when the board is up then the draft is about
2'-3" not 20" noted on the GB site?  Does the advertised 20" asume a slight
heel?  Enclosed are some images for reference.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p27819957/illustration_02.jpg illustration_02.jpg

Cowie
Opus 2009