[Rhodes22-list] Daysailing

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Fri Mar 19 21:33:43 EDT 2010

Nothing against cruising.  I hope to do some cruising myself someday.  Even
though I'm seeing more and more daysailers at boat shows the vast majority
of sailboats at marinas and out sailing seem to be cruisers.  I'm drawn to
daysailing simply because it's easy to sneak out for four hours or less,
which is what I did today.

A beautiful day by anyone's standards but what turned out to be a great day
for daysailing would have been a terrible day for cruising.  Winds from 2-8
knots in pockets changing from the north to the south in four hours.  It
took a record number of tacks but I was able to continuously stay with the
wind and eventually end up back at the marina.  Had I a destination I would
have spent most of my time in no wind or fighting to go upwind.

I can certainly understand why I see so many sailboats under power.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Kent Island, MD