[Rhodes22-list] I want to take a tow a canoe behind my R22

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Nov 24 13:18:50 EST 2010

Joe,

PVC pipe would be cheaper but I think West Marine sold me their telescoping
6' to 12' whisker pole for $127:

http://old.nabble.com/file/p30298609/November%2B2010%2B019.jpg
November+2010+019.jpg

Lots of things off the stern to attach it to.  A small line tied to one of
the eyes might be the easiest.

The obvious advantage is that you can use the pole for double duty, like
many things on a Rhodes.

I got the whisker pole primarily for downwind runs in light air but I use it
often to get better sail shape with the big 175% Genoa on beam and broad
reaches.

If it looks like my shrouds are too loose that would be correct.  A rigger
just told me to make the A-OK sign with your thumb and index finger around
the shroud at waist height from the chain plate.  If you can move the shroud
enough to touch your thumb/finger then your shrould is too loose.  Not very
scientific.  With nine stays I just make sure my mast looks straight and my
stays look tight when sitting at the dock.

Good luck!

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Kent Island, MD

Joe,

An unproven idea is to make a stiff bridle out of PVC pipe, perhaps attached
to the transom rail.

Rick