[Rhodes22-list] Plasteak Hatch Boards

Rob S. sealovertech at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 19:47:54 EST 2010

The current issue of Good Old Boat magazine contains a destructive lab test of
grab rails made of teak vs. Trex.   Apparently Trex now comes in several
different colors, one of which is pretty close to new teak.   (and it's $37 for
a 2x4 at Home Depot)

It held nearly as well as the Teak, although it bent more.   And apparently you
can epoxy it together to make panels.    From 20 feet it looks like teak
according to the article and the pictures.

-Rob