[Rhodes22-list] Exciting (?) times on Middle Peninsula

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 13:30:34 EDT 2011

Hi, guys,
The recent storms have struck really close to home...any of you who are familiar with Deltaville may find the attached photos of interest. We drove over as we have friends there but were unable to drive closer than @ 2 mi to town...but we were allowed to walk in.
I took these but there are others online.
The last two are of the same house.....the brick one on the right was almost cut in two...the tree top on the right came from the tree on the right. It is interesting that the old house next to it only had windows blown out & roof rearranged. the really old 100+ year old four-square houses lost a bit of roof but stayed intact.....
Quite a few homes were condemned...the brick one had a 90-year old lady in it...they said it was very sad when they had to make her move out...at least she survived. the worst damage was along Honeysuckle lane...houses there were picked up & dropped into the creek....
Gloucester (also on the Middle Peninsula) had two deaths and one school with total destruction...many homes destroyed.
Too close for comfort....I had heavy winds & the creek was roiling...tides wee high & my R22 was bucking at teh dock...but all's well ...have to go  bail....;^)

elle

Beer is good....people are crazy

1992 Rhodes 22    Recycled '06"Watermusic"  {Lady in Red}