[Rhodes22-list] hull & cockpit color question

Michael Corley michael.4591 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 11:17:21 EST 2011

New boats are like brides; they are all beautiful even if it is the second
time around.  I have seen dark blue (most common), light blue, red, green
and white hulled Rhodes.  It really is personal preference.  I thought the
green was the most distinctive.  If you are concerned about fading in the
Florida sun then go with white.  My dark blue 99 is just now starting to
show signs of hazing/fading.  I may compound it this spring.  Normally, I
just wax it once a year.  In the winter I cover it with a large (20x30) tarp
that covers the sides.  I have heard that the newer finishes GB is using are
even more durable and fade resistant.  I don't think they even recommend
waxing anymore.

Mike
S/V Ranger
99 Rhodes