[Rhodes22-list] Terror Threats in Europe in 2011

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Feb 7 12:06:37 EST 2011

Hey Christian. Go soak your head in a pail of bilge water.

In a message dated 2/7/2011 9:35:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
christian at claessens-family.com writes:

Bob,
As a European, I find this posting offensive. Besides, as  this is a blog
for R22 owners, I strongly believe it would be nice to keep  restrict
this nice communication tool to matters related to sailing and  Rhodes22
technical tips and questions. There is no need to add further  trash to
the irritating flow of spam on e-mails.

Christian  Claessens
s/v Seneca Girl

On 07/02/2011 08:14, Bob Keller  wrote:
> TERROR THREATS IN 2011 EUROPE : BY JOHN CLEESE
>
>  The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist
threats and  have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to  "Peeved."

> Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet  again to "Irritated" or
even "A Bit Cross."

> The English have  not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea
supplies nearly ran  out.

> Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A  Bloody
Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning  level was
in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

> The  Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get
the  Bastards." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they
have been  used on the front line of the British army for the last 300  years.

> The French government announced yesterday that it has  raised its terror
alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels  in France are
"Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a  recent fire
that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively  paralyzing the
country's military capability.

> Italy has  increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to
"Elaborate  Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective
Combat Operations"  and "Change Sides.” The Germans have increased their alert
state from  "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching
Songs." They  also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbor" and  "Lose."

> Belgians, on the other hand, are all on  holiday as usual; the only
threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out  of Brussels .
>   The Spanish are all excited to see their new  submarines ready to
deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms  so the new Spanish
navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish  navy.

> Australia , meanwhile, has raised its security level  from "No worries"
to "She'll be alright, Mate." Two more escalation levels  remain: "Crikey! I
think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!" and  "The barbie is
canceled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the  final escalation
level.

go to  http://www.rhodes22.org/list