[Rhodes22-list] Ice Box

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 10 13:08:06 EST 2011

I have two group 27 batteries with two solar panels and they are also charged by the motor.  The batteries could keep up with only the solar panels for a few days but not indefinitely.  While cruising I usually use shore power but can also anchor out with no problems.  When day sailing with the boat in the water I just turn it off and use a carry-on cooler.  The real benefit is when we go on week-long trips.  It is one less thing to worry about and we can also bring steaks and chicken along, keep them frozen and eat them later in the week.  Not having to restock the ice box is one less thing to do at the end (or beginning) of the day.  There is already plenty to do as it is.
BK