[Rhodes22-list] Boat Covers

Christopher Cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Thu Feb 17 20:03:58 EST 2011

list or lift?  I read list not lift or lisp?  Must be the winter blues.

to mast or de-mast?   keeping the main sail coiled up inside an upright mast is my preferred storage option.

I assume most rhodes are trailered and kept in a cozy driveway next to the house to rest through the winter off season.  I don't have that luxury living in the city with no trailer and no cozy driveway.  I opt to slip the boat during the summer season and have her up on the hard for the winter.

my winterizing includes a good cleaning and a fresh coat of wax on the hull and top sides along with a cheap plastic tarp draped over the boom to keep the sun and snow off a portion of the boat for the winter season.  Spring cleaning includes removing the fall wax with a good cleaning and a couple of applications of new wax to get me through until fall.

i am jealous of the cozy driveway trailer sailors and lisp covered southern sailors but enjoy my slip side accessibility during the sailing months.

Oh yea, my outboard is locked to the transom to prevent an unwanted theft and to keep me from some unwanted user error dropping it over the side.

Counting the days until my april launch.

Christopher P. Cowie

4400 MacArthur Blvd, NW
Suite 300
Washington, DC  20007