[Rhodes22-list] a by and large tall story

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri Jan 28 13:45:17 EST 2011

***** NEWSFLASH ***** NEWSFLASH ***** NEWSFLASH *****
Edenton, NC - The colonial capital of North Carolina has once again become
prominent in the news.  A small and very independent manufacturer of
sailboats know as pocket cruisers, General Boats, has announced that the
Rhodes 22 (R-22) is being considered as the newest launch vehicle by NASA.
A spokesperson at the Space Center has confirmed that the R-22 is by far the
simplest product in its class, complete with a self raising mast crane.
Launch and recovery are further simplified through the use of self-centering
submerged guide features of the standard Unimatic trailer vehicle.  Once
launched, the R-22 provides a spacious cabin and cockpit with ample room for
experiments not to mention crew rest and relaxation.  The dual furling
systems provide continuously variable propulsion, augmented by the outboard
engine, resulting in a truly dynamic hybrid arrangement.  In addition,
environmentalists are excited by the fact that the product is manufactured
using 80% recycled materials.  Scientists are currently deciding on the
exact complement of options that they will require.  Delivery is expected by
the time of the last shuttle mission.

Now, back to the regular news - Another series of snow storms are headed
towards the northeast as NY digs out from under another 1-1/2 foot of snow
from the last storm ...  Spring can't be too far away!  Where's that darn
groundhog?

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY