[Rhodes22-list] Murphy's Law revisited

Geoff Farrell geoffreylfarrell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 11:45:15 EDT 2011

I also agree with Stephen. The mast raising system is wonderful. Mine uses
the shrouds and not the bail. We've raised and lowered over the water
without incident. We do keep an eye on the boat traffic near the marina to
avoid starting the process in anything but relatively calm water. The last
time I lowered the mast I noticed a stay that needed adjusting before
completing the process. So, I just let go of the brake winch (with the mast
half lowered), walked over to the shroud to make an adjustment, and then
walked back to the winch to resume the process. Pretty nice. Geoff