[Rhodes22-list] Porta-Bote users?

Stephen Staum snstaum at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 07:06:08 EDT 2011

Joe,

I have a 10' Porta-Bote and have both towed it and bungeed it to the
starboard lifelines (with the seats and transom stashed under the cockpit
seats.  I am too cheap or poor to buy an extra outboard and have mostly
rowed.  It does row very nicely.  I have also used my old 4 hp 2 stroke and
my current 5 hp Briggs and Stratton on it and they both worked well.  It
will plane w just me on board @ about 15 knots.

I don't know about the sail kit as my wife insisted that I already have a
sailboat so I do not need it.

It is a great dingy.  I like that it will not sink as it has flotation just
like my Rhodes.  I had a bad experience with a deflating inflatable.

Stephen Staum
'87 R22, Carol Lee
Needham, MA