[Rhodes22-list] forestay

Ben Schultz benonvelvetelvis at theskinnyonbenny.com
Thu May 19 12:40:14 EDT 2011

Does anyone know about how our forestays are rigged?

We were at the 3 minute flag before last night's race when I heard a pop and
watched the genny fall into the lake.  It gathered up quickly, and we had a
good seat to watch the start before motoring in.

I didn't drop the mast last night, but from looking at the top of the sail,
the steel cable of the stay seems to have broken.  I guess there is a part
or two that I haven't repaired or replaced yet, after all.

I'm guessing that I just need to get a new piece of cable, run it through
the furler, and attach the top and bottom somehow.  It's that somehow that
has me scratching my head.  If anyone's done a similar repair, I'd love to
hear about it.

Ben S

R22 Velvet Elvis