[Rhodes22-list] Lourdy Lourdy the old girls 40 !

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Tue May 24 21:45:50 EDT 2011

Rob,

 The crack you see is a separation of the cabin ceiling from the topside
mold it is cosmetic and not a structural problem. Fixing that is on the to
do list but I can report that after 2 yrs of use the compression arch has
been a success there is no sign of failure through cracking or cabin
deformation and I use pre- tensioned rigging on the side and baby stays as
well cranking down the backstay tensioner when sailing. In fact the
starboard side of the cabin has actually improved since I purchased the
boat. The modified bulkhead has stopped a deformation problem which was
evident in the companionway, a 3" buckle has straightened out to a 1/2"
buckle over time. Later this year I will post picts of the separation repair
and a more detailed look at the arch under load.

John S

John,
Thanks for sharing, always good to see how old ladies are holding up.
Speaking of which, how is your no compression post modification working?
Looks like a bit of cracking below the mast area?? - rob